Bee's Knees Zipper Wax Gets Stuff Un-Stuck™® Lubricates and Conditions Almost Everything!
I was wondering about how I should tell this story. Nikki said I should start with, “Once upon a time, there was a bee…” Well, even though that is… cute, it is not entirely accurate.
This story wouldn’t be complete without the bee, nor would it be possible without the bee, but it didn’t start with the bee. It started back in 1990 and 2010 with a squeaky fan belt, MacGyver-esque thinking, stuck zippers, and tangled thread!
In my previous career, I would help people in and out of dresses, gowns, coats, jackets, blouses, and most of these had zippers and many of them would stick. I also sewed on beading and buttons and repaired hems and seams.
If any of you have even just sewn on a button, you know that the thread tangles and knots frequently. To prevent this, I would drag the thread along a block of a paraffin blend wax, and the thread wouldn’t tangle. So I thought, “I bet this would work on zippers that stick too…” and it did. It smelled funny but it worked.
Flashback! In 1990, I had a 1984 Volvo 240GL, a 4-door sedan, sunroof, leather heated seats, and a tank of an engine (go ahead, laugh). I loved that car but the fan belt was always squeakingI would carry a piece of wax in the glove box (I did say I was like MacGyver… really, I am!), and when it would really start to sound like I was holding a flock of seagulls hostage under the hood of my car, while the engine was running, I would hold my wax against the moving fan belt and, “voila,” silence… Yup, I really did that!
USE BKSW ON, ZIPPERS AND SNAPS ON LUGGAGE, BACKPACKS, BOOTS, BOATS, JEEPS, CAMPERS, JACKETS & COATS, DOCKING LINES, WET & DRY SUITS…ANYTHING
Next stop, April 2010. I had the opportunity to pilot a 36′ boat for a few years. I was at Clinton Yacht Haven; the marina where the boat was slipped, and all of the guys were telling me, “You won’t ever take your boat canvas off; zipping them back on is a pain in the arse.” (They used a bit more colorful verbiage than that!)
I told them: “No way, I take my boat canvas off all the time!” But yup… they were right. OMG, it was awful! The boat canvas zipperswere sticking, the snaps were stuck, and the boat canvas was so stiff. Stuck zippers, snaps that wouldn’t snap, and sticking slider doors and hatches were becoming a big problem!
About 10 minutes into the struggle between myself and the boat’s windshield canvas stuck zippers, I remembered I had a small piece of smelly wax in the car (the one I used on thread and zippers). I grabbed it, ran it up and down the zippers, and it worked okay. I said to Deb and John, the owners of the marina and dear friends, “Someone should market this, maybe I will!” We all laughed.
On the drive home that day, I was sitting enjoying the ride, thinking about the day and what a cool thing the smelly wax might be… I said out loud: “Bee’s Knees Zipper Wax.” “Gets Stuff Un-Stuck.” “That’s the name… I am going to market this!”
Now with the new logo and new name, Bee’s Knees Super Wax is still the same great product!
LUBRICATE DRAWERS, DOORS, SCREENS, WINDOWS, HATCH TRACKS, LATCHES, SCREWS, PIPE FITTINGS, SAW BLADES, SLIDERS… PLUS MORE
Every Toolbox and workshop needs Bee's Knees Super Wax in it!
Use BKSW in lubricating saw blades, screw, nails, wood, plastic, metal
You can also condition or waterproof any surface.
If you could find one product that did it all... what would that be worth?
Well YOUR FOUND IT!
NOW add this... Bee's Knees Super Wax is
This is what Bee's Knees Super Wax Will Not do:
How lucky are we???? HUH!
Bee’s Knee’s Super Wax is a labor of love and determination. Bee’s Knee’s Super Wax has been tested on:
· Stuck Window
· Stuck Doors
· Deck Door Sliders That Stick
· Keys That Stick
· Rusted Old Carpenters Tools
· Nails and Screws
· Hose Couplings
· Barn Stall Runners and Latches
· Saddles as a Resin
· Thread, Rope, String, and Lines
· Canvas and Fabrics
· Antique Furniture
The uses for Bee’s Knee’s Super Wax are endless!
Bee’s Knee’s Super Wax has to be 100% natural. We have so many potentially harmful chemicals in our lives, why add one more?
Here is why.
· Paraffin not always a great thing… if anyone has ever had paraffin wax drip on their hands, they know that within 24 hours, your hands would be dryer than before.
· PLUS, paraffin is related directly to petroleum and crude oil.
· Spray lubricantscontain harmful chemicals and propellants that are toxic and flammable and harmful to the eyes.
· Petrolatum-based products can actually break down natural fiber.
· Petroleum is a crude oilby-product.
· Graphite stains and leaves a mess!
· Silicone is water-soluble… huh? Why lubricate a zipper on a boat with anything water-soluble? It will wash away, right into the canvas, gel coat, wood, and waterways.
· 100% natural Bee’s Knee’s Super Wax will not harm fabrics, the environment, you, and just about any surface! 99% of everything BKSW touches makes it better!
· I held a cake of it in my hands for four days at the Newport International Boat Show… my hands have NEVER felt smoother!
There is still so much to do to get Bee’s Knees Super Wax into every home, car, boat, camper, toolbox, junk drawer, and sewing kit.
So there are a few things I will not compromise on:
· I will always focus on “Made in the USA“
· I will only use 100% natural ingredients and their by-products.
· I will always have fun with this company; work should be a passion.
· I will always offer you a great product at a great price, and exceptional Customer Service!
I’m having a blast. Come join the Bee on her journey!